ECHO vraagt om project-voorstellen
ECHO staat voor European Cities of Historical Organs. In 2019 keren zij voor de tweede keer een prijs uit voor de leukste, mooiste, interessantste voorstelling om kinderen met orgelmuziek in aanraking te brengen. Hierna vind je de tekst in het Engels, waarmee je wordt opgeroepen een plan in te dienen als je mee wilt doen. Onderaan de pagina kun je alle informatie als pdf downloaden.
CHILDREN TO ORGAN MUSIC
Call for proposal for an organ related musical performance targeting a young audience.
Purpose: The overall aim is to introduce children to organ music and renew the public of organ concerts.
Specific objective: Produce a musical performance involving the use of the organ, targeting a young audience with the potential to circulate in Europe, i.e. in the ECHO cities.
Eligible projects: The musical performance needs (i) to take a pedagogical approach to the organ; and/or (ii) its music; or (iii) any artistic content using the organ as mean of expression. The performance need to be innovative, suited to be performed in different countries, last approx. 45 minutes and it needs to comply with the budget require- ment. In particular, the performance may cost no more than 3000 EUR all inclusive (incl. taxes and travel expenses for the performers).
The integration of other performing arts, such as dance, theatre, magic, mime, spoken word, puppetry, circus art, recitation is welcome.
The project selected by the jury will receive an award of 3000 EUR for the creation part of the project. Moreover, the project will be perfor- med in the following ECHO cities during their respective organ festivals:
- Fribourg (September 2019)
- Furthermore, the winner project will be hosted by the International Organ Festival “Città di Bergamo”, not excluding other Echo
- Cities or other festivals.
Submission of applications
First round Proposals must be submitted not later than December 30, 2018. The package must include (i) the form attached; (ii) a 5 minutes videoclip of the performance. The form should be filled up in English, whereas the 5 minutes videoclip of the performance should have English subtitles if any text in another language is used. The package should be sent by email to email@example.com.
Final round No more than 5 projects will be selected for the final round. Candidates selected for the final round will be informed by email no later than January 30, 2019. Candidates selected for the final round must provide a videoclip of the complete performance, sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than March 30, 2019.
- The ECHO Secretariat will be in charge of collecting all submissions.
- Questions regarding the conditions for submissions may be directed to email@example.com.
- All submissions will be reviewed by the selection committee, which is composed of ECHO artistic directors and of artistic directors of partner festivals. Review criteria include relevance to the thematic areas, quality and originality. In order
- to facilitate the performance in different European countries, projects combining music with non-verbal communication and adaptable to be played also on Italian or Iberian instruments will be preferred. All applicants will receive a confirmation that their submission was received.
- The submitter of the awarded performance will be informed by email no later than April 15, 2019.
Hier kun je de flyer met aanmeldingsformulier als PDF downloaden.